Tuesday, August 11, 2009


What about a short quiz on idioms?
1.You want to know why I've got a bee in my bonnet?
(a) a headache
(b) a fly in my head
(c) a problem on my mind
(d) a difficulty with my hair


2.Yes, tell me about it. I'm all ears.
(a) listening carefully
(b) listening quietly
(c) listening quickly
(d) listening completely

3.You remember I told you about that car that cost me an arm and a leg?
(a) a fair amount of money
(b) a small amount of money
(c) a good amount of money
(d) a huge amount of money
english phrasal verbs, a fair amount of money vs a small amount of money vs a good amount of money vs a huge

4.The one you bought from the man you called the big cheese?
(a) the man with big ears
(b) the man with the important job
(c) the man with the yellow teeth
(d) the man with the big smile

5.Well, he's not that at all. He's a bird brain.
(a) a fool
(b) a criminal
(c) a conman
(d) a devil


6.And when I reached his office I saw he was not really awake because he'd been having a cat nap.
(a) a deep sleep
(b) a long sleep
(c) a short sleep
(d) a big sleep

7.And really the only reason you were there was because you had a bone to pick with him?
(a) you wanted to have a discussion with him
(b) you wanted to have a chat with him
(c) you wanted to have a talk with him
(d) you wanted to have an argument with him

8.Yes, that's right. I got my money back and as a result I opened up a whole new can of worms because other people got their money back, too.
(a) made a complete mess of his office
(b) exposed a lot of serious problems
(c) discovered some creatures on the carpet
(d) revealed a lot of new paper work

1 comment:

  1. KAK SAKINAH, WHY DON'T U WRITE BY URSELF..I MEAN UR OWN WORDS, UR THOUGHT, UR OPINION,THEY R MUCH ENJOYABLE TO READ COMPARED FROM THE INTERNET..HEHEHE

    ReplyDelete

Powered By Blogger

Should public caning be carried out in Malaysian schools?

Followers